So a lot of people on facebook are posting 25 things about themselves that you might not have known. I normally don’t fall for these things, but today I’m feeling distracted.
So, check it out! Here are 25 things you probably didn’t know about me. To place yourself on my list of best friends, complete this mathematical equation:
# of things you already knew / 25 = ranking of friendship
Just kidding. Sort of…
1. I love McDonald’s. I don’t usually tell people this until we become friends…just in case. Turns out that I’m not the only one with this secret love; I can think of at least 20 friendships that thrive off of our joint love for Mickey D’s. I always order a double cheeseburger meal. Unless, of course, I eat there multiple meals in a row, in which case I think about it for awhile, and then order a double cheeseburger meal.
2. I lived in France for a semester when I was 14. It was one of the best experiences of my life! I look back on it now and can’t believe my parents let me go at that age!! I love speaking French, but if you ask me to, I probably won’t.
3. I love listening to everyday sounds and deciphering what intervals they create. I once heard that all car horns play in a major triad, but I don’t think that’s true. Call me a music nerd…
4. I once saw my beagle Sandy kill a rabbit. By the time I took Sandy inside, the rabbit was breathing its last. I ran into the kitchen and brought out some carrots for it to sustain it, but by the time I got outside, it was dead. I cried and buried the rabbit behind our backyard. I wouldn’t talk to Sandy for a week. I was 16.
5. I really like cleaning out the lint screen in drying machines. I think it’s kinda gross, but I like it anyway.
6. I refuse to set my alarm clock in anything ending in 0 or 5. It has to be a weird number, like 7:04am. This is because one time, I set it on the hour, and it didn’t go off. I’ll never do that again.
7. I think Christina Aguilera is the best female vocalist since Mariah Carey. Try to argue that one.
8. My jaw locks open on occasion. It happens often when I yawn. It’s kinda funny to imagine, but it scares me to death.
9. I’ve never broken a bone with the exception of a toe in 6th grade. I remember very clearly singing a song about that while playing soccer one day at recess: “IIII just kicked the ball. Wiiith my broken toe. Aaaaaand it really hurt. So now…I feel drunk!” I was 12, don’t judge me.
10. I’m almost always humming some melody that I’m making up on the spot. I’ve thought about trying to notate them sometime, but it’s probably better just to let them swirl around in my head.
11. I love remembering people’s birthdays. I don’t exactly know why, but they stick in my head like glue. I have about 200 birthdays written on my calendar and remember most of them. Random ones, too. Unfortunately, I usually don’t know what day it is at the current moment, so I often forget to wish people happy birthday ON their birthday.
12. I often wonder if my old friends ever think about me as much as I think about them. People really leave huge imprints on my being. I love love, and I love expanding my ideas about what it means to love!
13. I love having fun art time. I think everyone needs to be craftsy sometimes.
14. I’ve been the same height since 5th grade. My friend Drew used to call me “five one” in reference to my height. Let it be known that I grew an inch my senior year of college. Guess you’ll have to find a new nickname.
15. I have HUGE food babies after I eat. Anytime I say something about it, people assure me that I’m not fat, but SERIOUSLY… I look pregnant after I eat. It’s okay though, I’m not ashamed.
16. My sister and I sing the same and laugh the same. I have never laughed that much around anyone else.
17. Sometimes, I laugh so hard that I cry, and then I start bawling. It’s really weird.
18. Pet Peeve: Sometimes I zip my backpack up in a frenzy and CONSCIOUSLY decide not to zip it all the way. People always notice this and approach me saying, “Umm…Manda? Your bag’s unzipped!,” and they zip it the final three inches. Ughhh.
19. My feet are really ticklish, and my ears are super sensitive!
20. I hate Valentine’s Day. I used to dress in all black to celebrate it.
21. I’ve wanted to get my nose pierced ever since my friend Dave and I dressed up as skaters my sophomore year of college and I wore a fake nose ring. I’m really considering it though…what do you think?
22. I don’t like it when people breathe loudly.
23. Few things in the world are better than cuddling and poppyseed bread.
24. I have really weird mood swings that depend largely on the weather and what’s for dinner.
25. I’m really bad at saying no, which is probably why I just completed this silly thing anyway!